Artificial Intelligence is a way of making a computer or a computer-controlled robot think intelligently, in the same way humans think.
AI is accomplished by studying how human brain thinks, and how humans learn, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basis of developing intelligent software and systems.
HOW IT WORKS
Artificial intelligence works by processing data using advanced algorithms. It combines large data sets with its algorithms, learning from data patterns or characteristics and perform various tasks.
It consists of different subdomains that is:
- Machine Learning: It teaches a machine how to make decisions based on past experiences. It is based on the idea that systems can learn from data, identify models, and make decisions with minimal human intervention.
- Deep Learning: Deep learning is a subset of machine learning in artificial intelligence that has networks capable of learning unsupervised from unstructured or unmarked data.
- Natural Language Processing: Natural language processing is a science of reading, understanding, interpreting a language by a machine.
- Computer Vision: Computer vision algorithms try to understand an image by decomposing it and studying different parts of objects.
- Cognitive Computing: Cognitive computational algorithms try to mimic the human brain by analying text, speech, objects, and images in the way a human would, and try to give the desired result.
While building an artificial intelligence model one should follow various steps which are:
o Identification of Problem
o Preparing the Dataset
o Choosing the algorithm
o Training the model
o Selecting the platform
APPLICATION AND IMPACT OF AI
AI is used to automate production, delivery, flight control and automated vehicles. It can also be used in healthcare and medical imaging analysis, agriculture, e-commerce.
IMPACT ON JOB
AI decreases the dependence on humans for performing various tasks thus reducing the labour need. While AI create new job opportunities for software engineers it also decreases the job vacancies in various fields where humans are being replaced by machines.
IMPACT ON HUMAN MIND
With constant dependence on AI for finding information, creating reminders we are losing the need for retaining information. Instead of checking the map and designing a route before leaving home, people begin to rely entirely on the GPS of their mobile phones. Thus, it can weaken the areas in our brain that are dedicated to spatial orientation and navigation.
While AI can reduce our retaining power It can also help us to exploit our problem solving and reasoning abilities.
IMPACT ON INDUSTRIES
It can improve the efficiency of production as automated robots can work for longer hours while maintaining same efficiency. It helps to reduce the errors/defects that are produced during manufacturing.
While Artificial intelligence may have some cons its pros outweigh them. It can decrease the mental and physical load on people to accomplish various tasks and can help them to divert their energy onto different tasks thus improving their performance.
With the dream of humanoid robots turning into reality with advancement of artificial intelligence. We can see an era where humanoid robots can act as a caretaker for humans and can help them in various aspects.